After hundreds of requests for a business plan template, we decided to post the following business plan template as a guideline to help entrepreneurs identify the basic needs to start their firms. A business plan is an essential roadmap for business success. As such there is no single business plan template that will fulfill every business needs.
A business plan is a living document that projects 3 to 5 years ahead and outlines the path a company intends to take to grow revenues. To make your business plan stand out determine your target market and why they would want to buy from you. As yourself the questions:
- What makes your business unique?
- What needs does your product or service fulfill?
- What benefits and differentiators will help your business stand out from the crowd?
- Is the market you serve the best one for your product or service?
- Are the benefits of dealing with your business clearly stated?
- Are they aligned with customer needs?
- Beyond basic products or services, what are you really selling?
- Which specific need or clientele are you targeting?